Tuesday, November 22

Shredded Sweet Potato Casserole

I've gotten at least 3 requests for this recipe this week, so Aunt Paula, for you I will post it to the world, (but all secret-like on this blog that nobody looks at)



Shredded Sweet Potato Casserole

3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
1/2 c. pecans, chopped
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 stick butter (I leave this out, you really don't miss it)
3/4 c. buttermilk (I usually use a little more milk, if I leave out the butter)
1/8 tsp. baking soda
3 c. grated raw sweet potatoes (but if you grate too much, throw it in, I've never added too much)

Mix sugar and milk in large bowl; add potatoes. Beat eggs separately and add butter(if you absolutely have to use it). Combine 2 mixtures. Add other ingredients and mix. Pour into 2-quart casserole and bake for 1 hour at 450 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting recipe-My aunt use to prepare this dish years ago. No one else knew the recipe. Do you happen to have a recipe for coconut/pineapple cake with a 7 min. icing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...