I started making this recipe a few years ago, because I cannot help myself but throw random stuff into pizza dough, I have in this, however, found a rare gem:
The Thanksgiving Leftover Pizza!
|With the addition of sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and caramelized onions, this pizza is a little sweeter than most, so don't expect any problems getting to kids to eat it.|
- 1 Cup Cooked Sweet Potatoes (sweet potato casserole works great)
- 2 Packets Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 2 1/2 + Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Add yeast to water in electric mixer bowl, and let stand until yeast foams.
- Add remaining ingredients together into yeast mixture.
- Mix on low setting,
- Add as much additional flour as necessary (amounts can vary greatly as some sweet potato casseroles are quite moist)
- Let stand for 15 minutes before rolling out onto pan
- 1-2 Cups Turkey (cut into small pieces)
- 1 Cup Pre-made spaghetti sauce (we prefer Prego)
- 1/2 Cup Cranberry Sauce (jellied or whole berry)
- 1 medium Onion, chopped and caramelized (sauteed in butter until tender and mixed with 1 big Tbsp brown sugar)
- 12oz. Shredded Mozzarella
- Anything else you would like
- Mix Spaghetti sauce with cranberry sauce and spread evenly on top of rolled out dough.
- Sprinkle Turkey and Caramelized Onions on sauce evenly
- Sprinkle Cheese and any other toppings.
Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.